PSICHOGIOS Publications is currently the fastest growing publishing company in Greece, and one of the Top 50 fastest growing companies in Greece according to Fortune magazine (Dec 2011). In 2013 the company generated a turnover of 13.6 million Euros, which is expected to rise in 2014 (annual results to be announced Spring 2015). In addition, it has been a pioneer in the publication of e-books, with a catalogue of over 1,000 books available in epub format, while it was the first publisher in Greece to release enhanced and interactive children’s books on iTunes.
The company was founded in 1979. In 1995 it became Incorporated and since 2007 its offices are housed in Metamorfossi, Athens. The company has a staff of fifty-five employees and countless freelance associates, and it has a catalogue of over 3,000 titles.
Μost of the foreign authors published are awarded and internationally acclaimed. Indicatively we can mention Salman Rushdie, awarded with the Booker of Bookers for his book Midnight’s Children, Dan Brown, and J. K. Rowling, who has enchanted readers worldwide with her Harry Potter series. With regard to its Greek authors, the Psichogios Publications catalog includes names that have been adored by thousands of readers, like Lena Manta who is the number one best-selling author in Greece over the last few years.
The company’s steady development is the result of the emphasis that has been given to business ethics as well as the values that have been adhered to in its everyday dealings with its clients and associates both in Greece and abroad.
In the context of the company’s social responsibility and working from the belief that we need to return part of our profits to the social whole. Throughout 2011, 0.10 Euros from the sale of every book by Psichogios Publications were collected and subsequently donated to charities. By the end of 2011, the total donations exceeded 200,000 Euros. Since 2011 Psichogios Publications has also donated to various organizations and individuals continuing to give back to the community.
Since 2013, Psichogios Publications has expanded to the greatly promising and rapidly developing market of Turkey. Based in Istanbul, Pena Yayinlari has published over 50 titles so far and another 50 titles will be published in 2015.
Our mission is to entertain and educate the Greek readership by publishing the works of the greatest authors of our times in the Greek language, as well as to develop children’s minds by publishing the works of world class authors and illustrators. We aim at becoming the leading Greek publisher by continuously developing our employees, monitoring global markets to completely satisfy the Greek readership’s needs, and providing excellent customer service.
Our Supporting Attributes
- Employees: Our workforce, which is our biggest asset and our biggest priority, is the main ingredient of our success in the Greek market. Our team has earned the respect of the largest publishers and literary agents worldwide. We reward their initiatives, dedication and the results driven attitude. We encourage and support their continuous development.
- Selection: We strive to enrich our catalog by selecting carefully the best books that cover the demands of the Greek readership. Our selection includes books for every age.
- Customer Service: We aim at the best possible customer service through our trained workforce as well as through the use of the most suitable technologies.
- Innovation: We continuously challenge the way we do business and serve our customers.
- Community Involvement: We actively participate in the social and cultural events of our country. We cultivate book reading because we are book lovers ourselves. We support small communities all over our country in places that need it more. We try to have the smallest possible environmental effect while conducting business. For more about our social responsibility click HERE.
- Results oriented
- Mutual respect
- Customer Service
- A positive workplace
In 2014 Psichogios Publications reached 35 successful years in the book publishing industry.
The fiction titles for children and adults established us and continue to keep us at the top of the Greek readership’s preferences. Our catalog includes among others, general interest books, “How to” books, “health and living” books, and biographies. We also publish children’s fiction, picture books, activity books and pre-school books that are well perceived by parents, teachers, and of course by children themselves.
The basic series and categories in our catalog are the following:
- Fiction for Adults
o Historical Fiction
o Foreign Fiction
o Greek Fiction
- Children’s Fiction
Compass series – (for teenagers)
Small Compass – (above 9 years old)
Crab Apple series – (above 12 years old)
Lotus series – (above 9 years old)
Blackberry series (above 7 years old)
Strawberry series - (above 4 years old)
o Picture books (pre-school ages)
o Graphic novels
- General Knowledge
- “How to”
- Religion (OYRANOS Publications)
The successful list of our titles is extensive and includes authors and books with international awards, listed in international and national Best Seller lists. Our list is enjoyed by a loyal readership of more than 200,000 members in Psichogios’ book fan club. For more info…
The recognition of our efforts is communicated to us daily by our readers, who give us the encouragement to continue our search for the best titles in the Greek and in International markets. Our company invests a large part of its annual budget in developing and excelling our means of communication with our readership because we believe that the satisfaction of their needs works in parallel with the longevity of our Publishing House.